What is it? (Dexter)

I stare after Tara as she storm up the stairs. I knew the shock i felt was written on my face but it seemed i couldn't control myself around this girl.
I, Dexter, who was so composed around every body else, can't seem to be able to do anything other than smile nervously when around her. Of all the things to have said to her this morning, i could only manage an "hey, you". This mumbling klutz, is what she has reduced me to.
I see her and all my perfect pick up lines escape my brain; all of my practiced speech stay clogged up in my throat.
Ugh....... , can you blame her for snapping at me? I would be irritated with me too, if i was subjected to witnessing such stupidity.
Oh, but she is beautiful, and God, that smile! I could stare at her all day. Well, that, and my favourite past time, but that's not the issue. The issue is finding my tongue around her.... And i can't help wondering 'what is it?'
What is it about her that makes me lose all my finesse and composure? What is it about her that just pulls me in? What is it about her that makes me think of the future with children who call me 'daddy' but have her smile? Her eyes? What is it about her?....
She is sitting at her desk and completely ignores me when i walk in... Yep, not an esteem booster, being invisible to the girl you can't stop thinking about..... I feel my shoulders droop and i gloomily take my seat. The day is gray and unbearably long. Finally, Its five, and she gathers her things, prepares to leave. I rush after her and meet her at the top of the stairs.
"hey," i say.
She looks up with an irritated look on her face. Gulp!
"yes, what is it?"
Oh, what the hell, being an idiot hasn't killed me yet, so... here goes.
"um, do you want to go out some time?"
.............. Gulp!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This cream will bring your colour out!

The first period.

Being watched