Why do you write cringe - worthy romance?

I have been asked time and time again, why I write cringe-worthy/mushy romance/love stories. Hehehehe!! The reasons are quite simple.
First, because I believe most love stories are mushy/cringe-worthy ---- when you take away the hustle and bustle, the friends opinion, the exes, the family interference and the economic situation.
For instance, I know of a lady whose husband threatened to shoot the brother when he refused to support their intention to get married, when they were still dating. He said he would kill any family member who tried to deter them from getting married. That's cringe-worthy. It's love at it's most dramatic, most obsessive (most perfect if you ask me). I would stop at the wedding that everyone was forced to consent to, and not tell you that six years and two kids into the marriage, people are forced to ask if this is the same man who wanted to wipe out the world just to marry the wife, so that you can assume that they lived happily ever after.
Secondly, our lives are full of a series of chance meetings, either for good or bad. I just chose to focus on the good.
   The last reason is because I love love. I like to see people in love, happy and holding hands, it makes me happy. But I don't get to be romantic and love loving in my everyday life, because let's face it, real life Kayo is a cynical, pessimistic scold! But I can express optimism in romance and all things love in my writings. It's​ really therapeutic.
   So the next time, you feel like buying perfume (or a teddy/flowers) for that your boyfriend (or girlfriend) who doesn't know that you guys are in a relationship yet, (like the guy whose picture is attached to this post, hehehehe) read a mushy love story and get over it!
  With love,
      KY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This cream will bring your colour out!

The first period.

Being watched